Monday, August 19, 2013

::crickets:: um hi!

So, I fell off the face of the Earth. Sorry about that. Last you heard from me we were going to the anatomy scan. Well, turns out Tommy was to be a big brother to a boy! We were super excited! I love having a boy so two boys could only be better!
It's a boy!!!

Since then, I've finished up the school year and spent some amazing time with Tommy this summer. Being a teacher is kind of amazing in that I get weekends, holidays, and summers to spend with my family! We bought a summer membership for My Gym and Tommy has really enjoyed that. We have gone twice a week all summer. It was really great for me since we had a pretty hot July and My Gym is air conditioned! It was a way for Tommy to run off some energy, spend some time with other kids, and get out of the house.
Ball pit!
Jump jump jump!
Caterpillar swing

Before we knew it, it was Tommy's second birthday! It's amazing how quickly time has flown. My baby is 2??? He's obsessed with anything Mickey Mouse or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse so we decided that would be the theme of his small birthday party. I was 38 weeks pregnant on his birthday and wasn't up to throwing a huge party, plus I don't believe in throwing a huge party every year. Birthdays are important to me but parties aren't. We invited our parents, grandparents, and siblings over for some pizza and cake the weekend before his birthday which fell on a Wednesday this year. Tommy loved being the center of attention and had a blast opening his presents and eating cake.
Mickey boy!
A pinterest inspired treat

Opening presents (my belly is huge!)

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cake made by my friend Erin

Mmmmmmm
On Tommy's actual birthday, we started the day with a birthday donut and went to a bounce house place nearby. It was great because other than one 3 year old and his mom, we had the place to ourselves! There are 3 bounce houses, one giant obstacle course inflatable, and one giant slide. Tommy had so much fun running around and jumping!
Weeee

Jumping with dad

So brave to go down such a huge slide!

Me and the birthday boy!
 We came home and Tommy took a nice long nap. He opened presents from us and we ate dinner. The plan was to take him to get ice cream at our favorite ice cream shop but during dinner I started to have some contractions (more about that later) so we pulled out a leftover cupcake from the party the previous weekend and stuck a candle in it. I don't think Tommy minded much!



So there's an update. That brings us to the night of Tommy's birthday, 12 days before my due date with baby boy #2. I'll end here so I can dedicate a whole post about that part of the story!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to your big boy! He looks like he had a blast at the bounce house. Connor loves those places too once I get him warmed up. I can't believe you're almost due already!

    ReplyDelete